Want To Go To Ethiopia? Here's Your Chance!!! [#117Trip Launch]
Have you ever wanted to go to Africa? Have you ever wanted to fully experience a different culture? Have you ever wanted to drink a cup of coffee in the country where it was first discovered? Do you have a desire to learn more about yourself, God, and the world? Then this #117trip is for you.
We will be taking a team from around the country to the birthplace of coffee, and the only African country that was never colonized, making it one of the richest and most unique cultures on the planet. Check out this article for 10 surprising facts about Ethiopia.
March 7, 2019 – March 16, 2019
What makes this trip different than other mission trips?
- Each trip is custom built. Each team will spend time in the village of Korah at the Carry 117 compound, along with other ministry partners. We will ask Carry 117 what would serve them best at that time in the year, and then create the team schedule based on the age, interest, and skill set of the team. We believe the best way to serve is in your sweet spot.
- A large component of this experience will be education. We believe the first step in helping is understanding. In addition to seeing and serving, we want to help our team members understand another culture, another faith, and understand healthy helping strategies.
- The Ethiopian ministry leaders, translators, drivers will act as part of the team, not people who work for or serve the team. We will serve shoulder to shoulder.
“I have been on a lot of mission trips in my lifetime. This was one different. There was a such a focus on educating us about culture and healthy helping compared to other trips I have been on. There was also an emphasis on processing what we were experiencing. It really made a huge difference in how I was able to connect with and understand another culture.”
- We will take 15 people.
- The trip will be led by some of our Carry 117 USA Staff.
- We will encourage you, teach you, challenge you, and pray with you.
- And…we will have fun!
We’d love for you to be part of this experience!
“I went to serve, but I feel like I got so much more out of it then I was able to offer. I am humbled by this experience. I feel like I came in with the mindset that I was going to help fix their situation, but as it turns out, I feel like they fixed some of what was broken in me.”
APPLY NOW FULL
Application Deadline: May 31, 2018
**We will close the trip before this date if all 15 spots fill**
“This trip was the most amazing experience. It broke my heart, yet gave me so much joy. I learned a lot. I am thankful my husband and I experienced this together. We will definitely be going again. 100 times over.”
How long is the trip? 7 nights, 8 days in Addis Ababa, the capital city of Ethiopia.
Where will we stay? The Light House Guest House (15 minute drive to Korah)
- We will have 7 google hangout meetings leading up to the trip.
- You will be required to read one book in preparation for the trip.
- $250 non-refundable deposit (due one week after you have been selected)
- 50% of your funds need to be raised by Oct 1st
- 75% of your funds need to be raised by Dec 1st
- 100% of your funds need to be raised by Feb 1st
This cost includes the following:
- A personal fundraising webpage for online donations
- Roundtrip flight from Washington D.C. to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Travel insurance
- Medical Insurance (covers issues that are caused on the trip and medical evacuations)
- Translators in country
- Transportation in country
- Guest House
- All food and bottled water in country
- Carry 117 swag
This does not include the following:
- Book: Mack & Leeann’s Guide to Short-Term Missions
- Roundtrip airfare from your closest major airport to Washington D.C
Please Note: We typically fly out of Washington DC (Dulles). You will be responsible to get yourself to Dulles Airport by a certain time/day & we will take over from there (put your companion pass, miles, or points to good use).
**Although unlikely, all trips are subject to change or cancellation.**
Questions? Email: Hello@carry117.com
“God used this experience on the 117 Trip to change my life and my life goals. He taught me that short-term missions isn’t about checking off boxes on a bucket list or about going to new places (although this is thrilling).He reminded me that He can use me in both big and small ways if I just remain open and willing.On the 117 Trip, I got to see firsthand that God is using Carry 117 to do amazing things in Korah. And I want to be part of it.”
APPLY NOW FULL
If these dates don't work for you, put your name & email on this list to be the first to find out when the next #117Trip is.
**This specific trip is for 18 & over. Contact us if you have any additional questions. Hello@carry117.com