DESTINATION: ETHIOPIA #117TRIP
Have you ever wanted to go to Africa?
Have you ever wanted to fully experience a different culture?
Have you ever wanted to drink a cup of coffee in the country where it was first discovered?
Do you have a desire to learn more about yourself, God, and the world?
Then this #117trip is for you.
December 27, 2017 – January 6, 2018
This isn’t just a serving trip, but we will serve.
This isn’t just a 10 day trip, but a 10 month, multinational experience.
This isn’t your typical “mission trip,” but we are certainly on a mission.
What’s the mission?
LEARN to do good.
HELP the oppressed.
DEFEND the cause of the orphan.
FIGHT for the rights of the widow.
So, how do you do this in your context, with your skill set, and with your resources?
What makes this trip different than other mission trips?
- Each trip is custom built. Each team will spend time in the village of Korah at the Carry 117 compound, along with other ministry partners. We will create the team schedule based on the age, interest, and skill set of the team. We believe the best way to serve is in your sweet spot.
- A large component of this experience will be education. We believe the first step in helping is understanding. In addition to seeing and serving, we want to help our team members understand another culture and understand healthy helping strategies.
- We will take 15 people.
- The trip will be led by some of our Carry 117 USA Staff.
- We will encourage you, teach you, challenge you, and pray with you.
- And…we will have fun!
We’d love for you to be part of this experience!
APPLY NOW: (Trip is FULL)
Add your name to the WAIT LIST:
Application Deadline: March 31, 2017
**We will close the trip before this date if all 15 spots fill up**
How long is the trip? 7 nights, 8 days in Addis Ababa, the capital city of Ethiopia.
Where will we stay? The Light House Guest House (15 minute drive to Korah)
- We will have monthly google hangout meetings leading up to the trip.
- You will be required to read one book in preparation for the trip.
- $250 non-refundable deposit (due one week after you have been selected)
- 50% of your funds need to be raised by July 1st
- 75% of your funds need to be raised by August 1st
- 100% of your funds need to be raised by December 1st
Cost: $3200 – 3500/person (depending on origin of domestic flight)
This cost includes the following:
- A personal fundraising webpage for online donations
- Roundtrip airfare from your closest major airport to Washington D.C.
- Roundtrip flight from Washington D.C. to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Travel insurance
- Medical Insurance (covers issues that are caused on the trip and medical evacuations)
- Translators in country
- Transportation in country
- Guest House
- All food and bottled water in country
This does not include the following:
Questions? Email: Hello@carry117.com
Please Note: The entire team will meet in D.C. the evening of December 27th and stay in a hotel near the airport. We will all have a chance to meet each other, get a good night’s sleep, and head to the airport together early the next morning. Hotel is included in the total cost.
**Although unlikely, all trips are subject to change or cancellation.**